Saturday, April 11, 2015

Time To Try Some True Thai!

The beginning of this trip starts in the middle of it all.

Flights booked less than 3 days ago. Travel insurance, Thai Baht, visa stuff that wasn't needed, a semi plan. It's pretty amazing that I have had support from family, friends, and work to do this needed trip.

I usually plan trips for months before anything comes to fruition. Having to plan an abroad trip in under 3 days was definitely more on the stressful side, but now that I'm in Vancouver, I feel relaxed. Of course, my Broham and Dad's friend helped make this happen.

This trip will be unlike one I have ever taken. I have not done any research as to what I'll do there for the 2  days. The flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong will be a whopping 13 hours, which I have never experienced. I wonder how much sleeping I can do to kill some of that time! What an adventure this will be and it will be great to see my Dad in a country he loves.

For now, all I think about is the present as everything feels too surreal. So I will wander Van. Intl. Airport with my yellow  backpack which has assisted me to Machu Picchu, accompanied me during my Env. Health program, and now acts as my sole piece of luggage holding everything I'll need on this trip. Next on my list to do in the airport: walk the duty free with their sparkly black floors which make me feel like a movie star, get some food that will be safe to eat once I'm in Hong Kong, and make sure I know how to use a Thai toilet.

Here is food for thought: if I were to stay in Bangkok which is 13 hours ahead, will I actually have lived 13 hours less when compared to other Thai people, when using age as the measurement?

--> I think so, right?


Pictures: Ben and I right before I take off to catch my first flight, movie star walk way, and my trusty backpack. 

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote a comment and now it's gone. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that one worked. Take 2!!

    I'm glad you're doing the blog! It will be wonderful to read about this spur of the moment trip. I'm so glad you have the support of family and friends to aid you in this. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure. I hope the 13 hour flight isn't too bad! I'm sure your super amazing sleeping skills will come in handy, but I sure hope you have your Kobo stocked with some good reads and here's hoping the plane has some decent movies! Travel safe, enjoy the chaos of it all, and I can't wait to see you when you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo LA LA! Looking forward to reading your blog for the next week. I've been devouring chocolate in your absence! Also I'm on google hangouts so we can chat!

    Gulab

    ReplyDelete