Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dutch Pancakes!

The last day in Holland was spent wandering around Utrecht. Devonne and I popped our heads into random buildings. We had a good laugh when we got stuck in the revolving doors of the UFO building because I mistakenly thought I could squish myself into the same section as Devonne,  but it was only meant for one person. The ppl in the building were very serious and not impressed. We left pretty quickly afterwards.

Next, we proceeded to get some toppings for Dutch pancakes. Dutch pancakes are flat and yummy stuff is baked inside of them. Devonne and I were unaware of what was normal toppings or that the toppings were baked inside the pancakes so we ended up buying some stuff that was a little different (ie. Salami, pepperoni,  goat cheese)  but good nonetheless.  My favorite were the ones baked with gouda cheese, with stroup stuff drizzled over top. The apple ones with sugar and lemon on top were super good too. Renee did a super job of baking them for everyone and it was way better eating it with friends than at a pancake housee. I think I may get Kaylee and Sander to have a Dutch pancake day with me when I get back.

After eating our fill of pancakes we headed over to a bday party for a girl we didn't know by riding in the back of bikes agaib (woohoo!!). While at the party I made the realization that Dutch ppl are actually quite tall! There wasn't a short person present. It was fun being a part of a bday party in Holland but a short lived one due to Devonne and I having to wake up early to head to Barcelona. Saying good bye to everyone was sorta sad. I look forward to seeing those ppl again. 

Puctures: UFO building,  Frans and I, eating Dutch pancakes

1 comment:

  1. Modified version of the USSR flag? FOOOOOOD! I feel like that's the biggest theme in the blog, how great the food is. One day we'll travel all around the world and get fat, well I will, you'll meatbolize it all. It'll be a good time. I hope you're having an amazing time. Miss you, sis. Love. Not that I love you, just love. But I do. Love you, that is. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete