Thursday, April 11, 2013

The food.

I thought I would make a blog post on the food and drink, as my Sis pointed out in a comment, a lot of this trip is about the food.

Devonne and I have had gelato every day while in Barcelona and of course that a requires a picture. It has beeb really warm out, so it's been perfect. Mt favorige is Catalana Cream and Maria Biscuit.

I have enjoyed these simple sandwiches they make which they put this tomato stuff and meat, cheese or a Spanisg omlette on a baguette.

For breakfast I've enjoyed museli and this thick yogurt (if you can even call it that because it's so thick). I have no picture of the yogurt stuff but I'm going to miss it when I'm back in Edmonton.

For supper here, paella is the popular thing. It's a rice dish with a sauce and spices and usually seafood. Everything here is with seafood. They have hardly any chicken dishes, so I've been trying lots of seafood. Anyways, besides paella, they have tapas which are just small portions of whatever. Kind of a fun idea considering they eat at about 9 or 10 at night.

Devonne and I got to try ponnet which I guess is a dessert wine common in farming areas. It was super good and the bottle it came in was super neat. The Catalana Cream Brulee was also super good!

The food here has definitely been satisfying,  even though I haven't quite gotte used to their eating routine.

1 comment: